WEB 2.0/ PRESENTATION TOOLS FOR PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
Teen Learning 2.0 - tutorials to learn how to create blogs & use web tools such as Flickr, Glogster, & Animoto
UPLOAD, SHARE OR EMBED FILES
- Spotify: a world of music - a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs; make a playlist
- Minus - upload & share music, photo, docs, & video files up to 2GB instantly; free; great way to publish your work online, then email or post the link to turn it in or present.
- Box.com - great collaborative tool for file sharing and creating code to embed anything into a blog or website
MAKE A BLOG OR WIKI
- Edmodo -a secure social learning network for teachers & students, including microblogging; get an LAUSD-sponsored subscription for free
- GlogsterEDU - create cool, colorful posters & projects online
- Notaland - Mash your ideas and media together with friends in a dynamic whiteboard wiki. Using photos, videos, and other web content you can instantly create brainstorms, presentations, scrapbooks, and enjoy an interactive chat with more than 50 friends.
MAKE A MOVIE
- Go Animate - make your own animated movies
- Animoto- turn your photos & video clips into amazing slideshows; fun, fast & free (for a 30 sec. show)
- MovieMakerXtranormal - If you can type, you can make movies. Click here to see a sample movie on Napoleon.
- Vimeo - a video sharing website; you can upload, share & view other people's videos
- Vimeo Video School - learn how to make better videos (who needs film school?!!)
- Edublogs - create free student blogs with images & audio
MAKE SLIDE SHOWS & POWER POINTS
- Power Point Do's & Don'ts - learn to build high quality slide shows; site created by the University of Pennsylvania Library
- Prezi - create game-changing presentations (power points, videos) online
- Make Your Power Points Fun - down with boring slides!
- Make a Power Point Multiple Choice Quiz
- Slideshare: present yourself - upload & share power points, documents & professional videos; free
- Kizoa - free slideshow maker & photo editor; requires Adobe Flash
- Wordle Word Clouds - create artistic word clouds; great for title pages, slides, analyzing text, visualization, & critical thinking skills; a fun tool!
- Tagxedo - turns words -- famous speeches, news articles, slogans and themes, even your love letters -- into a visually stunning word cloud, words individually sized appropriately to highlight the frequencies of occurrence within the body of text.
- TypoGenerator - this site will create colorful slides or pages for you; just type in your text and let it do the rest
MORE FUN STUFF
Family Tree Templates - this website has a variety of genealogical chart (family tree) templates